Thursday, 3 January 2013

I'm Going to be a GRANDMA

Oh my Oh my  I'm so EXITED!  



The first thing I said when my son in law called me this morning was - Yeay now I'm going to crochet a lot of baby stuff ! Luckily I had some practice with this as I made a few baby thingies during the past year


A good friend asked me to make a blankie for a single mommy and this is what I did. It had to be pink & white - so I decided to use granny squares and  I made each block different





 I did not follow a specific pattern- just crocheted along 



     I made a butterfly that I sewed into the middle of one block






one with a flower in the middle






 and with hearts 






 And this was the final product!

  

Great - I still have a few projects to finish before I can start with stuff for the baby! 



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can just imagine how much fun you'll have creating such pretty things for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marelize - this is only a taste of things to come

    ReplyDelete