Decopage tin cansYou are going to need
* A few empty tin cans, labels removed and washed. in soapy water. All dirt, oil and glue removed
( PS. THE GLUE CAN BE REMOVED BY SPRAYING
WITH HAIR SPRAY or DOOM and then rubbed off)* paintbrushes
* Craft glue
*Paper and pictures you want to use for decorating the cans - I had this lovely gift wrap paper but it was not enough so I scanned and printed more. With printed pictures from a computer printer you must be careful because the ink can smear but mine worked fine.
* scissors and craft knife
1. If you want to paint or seal your tin you must do this first.
2. Cut the pictures you want to use in the correct sizes ( with scissors or craft knife if you want straight edges and cannot cut straight - like me.
3. Put craft glue on the back of the pictures as well as on the tin can Glue your pictures to the tin cans in a way you like it and smooth out with fingers . Let it dry completely before going on to the next step
4. Paint over it with your deco podge. A few coats maybe necessary to completely seal the can
5. Let it dry completely and now you can glue on the embellishments and let dry
I've made them into planters for Echevera succulents to give as small gifts at a function
And these two I made to use as pen holders for the office
And that is some recycling that turned out great