Friday, 29 March 2013

Headbands & hats




Plus flowers
It is so easy.....

 to crochet a headband and I've tried a lot of different strategies. The easiest one that I do is
to start with a magic ring with  sc in the ring, ^

Then I chain about 40 and start increasing stitches , sometime by sc and sometime dc
to desired lengh and then start decreasing by crochet 2 together until I have one stitch left. chain 40 and end by making a ring in the previous chain and fasten off

 Flowers are just as easy, there are so many patterns on the internet , you can pick and choose
Here is mine that I posted previously

I used Elle premier double knit natural cotton for the flowers and stringing, and a 3.5 mm crochet hook. 

Pattern for the flower

Make a magic ring with 7 sc , sl st in last sc, ch 1

row 1: 2 sc in each  sc in the circle , sl st in last ch,  ch 1

row 2: In the next sc make 2 dc ch 1, sl st in next sc, ch 1 - 7 times and then sl st in the first ch. fasten off
 This is my flower! 


 And by making a loop at the back of the flower, you can attach it separately to the headband - OR you can use it as a ring, which I think is FABULOUS!




 I also made a few mesh type beanies that seemed a favorite of the young crowd 


the pattern that I used is available HERE



Other news is that I just finished writing my book,  I will keep updates here on the blog too.


No comments:

Post a Comment