I am busy with cushion covers - Crochet of course, and a baby blanket for a friend's niece so that is why I am so quiet, in between writing my book.
This is as far as I have come with the cushions
For the square cushions with flowers - Front
And the back
And the front of the round cushion
And this is how far I have come with the pink heart baby blanket. A friend posted the pictures on facebook and from there I started to crochet using the pictuures as guide - Nowhere is there a writen out pattern to be found. Maybe i will write one out if somebody is interested
Lots of work still to do on this and I hope to keep the blog updates coming!
You are going to need
* A few empty tin cans, labels removed and washed. in soapy water. All dirt, oil and glue removed
( PS. THE GLUE CAN BE REMOVED BY SPRAYING
WITH HAIR SPRAY or DOOM and then rubbed off)
* Craft glue
*Paper and pictures you want to use for decorating the cans - I had this lovely gift wrap paper but it was not enough so I scanned and printed more. With printed pictures from a computer printer you must be careful because the ink can smear but mine worked fine.
* embellishments such as buttons and ribbons and pieces of leather
* scissors and craft knife
* And deco podge or modge poge. The Deco podge that I used is from Creative talents but there is many different kinds available from craft stores
1. If you want to paint or seal your tin you must do this first.
2. Cut the pictures you want to use in the correct sizes ( with scissors or craft knife if you want straight edges and cannot cut straight - like me.
3. Put craft glue on the back of the pictures as well as on the tin can Glue your pictures to the tin cans in a way you like it and smooth out with fingers . Let it dry completely before going on to the next step
4. Paint over it with your deco podge. A few coats maybe necessary to completely seal the can
5. Let it dry completely and now you can glue on the embellishments and let dry
I've made them into planters for Echevera succulents to give as small gifts at a function
And these two I made to use as pen holders for the office
It has been a few days since I spend time here on the blog. Sometimes real life things like writing a book and working for money has to come first But doing some occupational thereapy is always good. I'm busy with a few unfinished projects Like these
I love crochet
The Shocking pink and orange was a test now I must decide what to do with it
This is on its way to be a baby blanket - pink & white for a baby girl.
Here I made a border for a guest towel - it's supposed to look like hearts
I made this heart block for a charity project where they were going to make a blanket with all the squares and sell it for funds for a childrens home
I love crafting
I made this little box with heart flaps where it closes- as an example for wedding favours
its really much easier than it looks. Maube one day I can do a tutorial on this
I even tried my hand at fondant hearts once- hey cake Boss watch out!!!
I love Animals
I love our dogs - This is Dippy (front) and Dozer - my kid's Jack Russell's , but I look after them more than they do. They love taking over the lounge and my first crocheted throw
This is my dachshunds , Bruno the brown dog and Kasha, the black one. Kasha was born in our house from my first dachsie Peanut ( who died in a freak accident)
I also have three young cattle. - MY LITTLE HERD
And mt son had a bearded dragon but he doesn't look after him - so I play with him once a day and feed him super worms. I was really squeamish in the beginning - with the worms but now i'm okay with it
HIS NAME IS BART
Patsy catsy was saved by my son, She was dying of hunger after she was left be someone on the road. She was trying to survive in the field and was very thin. SO he started feeding her birds that he shot and soon she came to the house and has now been here for almost three years
His name is MEERKAT - one of Patsy's baby's
My husband also has a few antelope at the airfield nearby - There are two spring-buck, three impala and six Blesbuck
I already showed the tortoises but here is one ( I now have four)
There is many more things that I love but I love sleep too ZZZZZZ